Rio de Janiero-2010

Kristina's Travel Tips and Adventures

I frequently hear, "you travel more than anyone I know." I started this blog to share how I do it, highlights from my trips, travel tips, and some mistakes I've made along the way.

Sunday, April 11, 2010

An amazing travel store in Seattle

Today I decided to check out Wide World Books & Maps, a travel store on Wallingford and 44th. On my way there heading west on 45th St I saw a man driving what looked like a tank...very interesting.

Surprisingly I was able to park right outside the travel store. I am going to Iceland in three weeks so decided to browse the guide books to see what they had. I went to Barnes & Noble awhile back and there was 1 travel guide on Iceland, literally 1. It was a Frommers guide which has no pictures but lots of info. At this travel store there were multiple copies of at least 5 different travel guides on Iceland, I was in heaven! So of course, I decided I needed another. I picked out a Globetrotters one that came with a huge map and lots of pictures, a perfect balance to the one I already have. I was able to talk to real live person to make sure I got the right outlet adapter. I could go on and on about this store, it had so many guide books, novels, maps, and travel accessories I could have spent all day there!

On my way back home there were two police cars on the side of the road with their lights on. I slowed down to catch a glimpse of the action. There was a man on the ground with 3 officers around him and a woman recording it all on her cell phone. They pulled him up and he tried to give an officer a big kick with his black combat boot. What an adventure my trip to the travel store turned out be!

No comments:

Post a Comment